2:30pm - 5:00pm
As Director of Conservation at Columbia University & The Metropolitan Museum of Art, George Wheeler has once again generously offered to provide a tour around the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.
Mr. Wheeler's work at Columbia encourages students to explore the properties of materials of architecture and conservation in lecture, demonstration, and laboratory formats. His work for the Met focuses on the development and evaluation of conservation treatments.
* This is a free event for APTNE members only
* Two tours are available (2:30 - 3:30 and 4:00 - 5:00) with a maximum of 10 people on each tour
* Cocktails will be provided on the rooftop from 5pm onwards.
* Additional event information to be included in registration confirmation email
* Members should meet George Wheeler 15 minutes prior to tour time at the visitor booth inside The Metropolitan Museum of Art, located at 82nd street and 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028.
* Getting to The Metropolitan Museum of Art:
- By subway: Take 4, 5 or 6 Subway
- By train: To 86th St or 77th St Stations (walk west towards central park).