PLEASE JOIN US
Friday, February 3, 2012
The Association of Preservation Technology - Northeast Chapter will hold it's Annual Meeting and Symposium at theWadsworth AtheneuminHartford, Connecticut on the topic ofHistoric Lighting. Presentations cover current research, design and construction issues related to historic lighting.
Schedule of Events:
|9:00 - 10:00
||Registration, Avery Entrance
|10:00 - 10:15
||Welcome by President of APTNE, Chris Dabek
|10:15 - 10:45
||Keynote Speaker, Domingo Gonzalez on Evolutionary Discussion on Historic Lighting
|10:45 - 11:05
||Three Hundred and Seventy Five Years, Viggo Rambusch
|11:05 - 11:30
||Coffee and Refreshment Break
|11:30 - 11:50
||The Belasco Theatre - Relighting, Restoring and Replication, Art Femenella
|11:50 - 12:10
||Shedding Light on the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Holly Salmon
|12:10 - 12:30
||Assessing the Energy Costs of Historic Lighting, John H. Cluver and F. Bradley Randall
|12:30 - 1:15
||Lunch (Group A)
Docent Tour - "Highlights of the Collection" (Group B)
|1:15 - 2:00
||Lunch (Group B)
Docent Tour - "Highlights of the Collection" (Group A)
|2:00 - 2:20
||Bringing the Sargent Gallery to Light, Paul Zaferiou
|2:20 - 2:40
||Historic Streetscape Lighting, Sloane D. Bullough
|2:40 - 3:00
||A MATTER OF TASTE: Preserving Historic Illuminated Signs, Tom Rinaldi
|3:00 - 3:30
||Coffee and Refreshment Break
|3:30 - 3:50
||Aurora Lamp Works, Dawn Ladd
|3:50 - 4:00
||Neon Electric Displays, Jennifer Cagasan, Student from Columbia University
|4:00 - 4:10
||Re-examining the Contributions of Civil Engineer and Inventor William Wheeler, Jeremy Robbins, Student from University of Massachusetts
|4:10 - 4:45
||Panel Discussion, moderated by Chris Dabek
|4:45 - 5:00
||Closing Remarks, Chris Dabek
|5:00 - 5:15
||Annual Meeting / Chapter Highlights
|5:00 - 7:00
||Reception, Avery Court, Wadsworth Atheneum
Nicholson & Galloway, Inc.
Platinum Level Sponsors
Femenella & Associates, Inc.
John Canning Studios
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Gold Level Sponsors Sponsors
Jablonski Building Conservation
Robert Silman Associates, PC
Silver Level Sponsors Sponsors
Connolly & Hickey Historical Architects
Kaese & Lynch Architecture and Engineering
Quantum Engineering Co.
UMASS-Hancock Shaker Village Historic Preservation Program
- Coffee / Refreshments
- Docent tour of the Museum entitled "Highlights of the Collection"
- A Boxed Lunch can be purchased with your ticket for $15. We have a capacity of 125 in the dining rooms. Once reached, lunches will no longer be available for purchase. Lunches for Speakers and Sponsors are complimentary but must be reserved before we reach capacity. If you prefer to get lunch on your own we can direct you to restaurants within the vicinity of the museum.
- A catered Reception will be held after the Symposium; entrance for which can be purchased for $20 with your ticket.
- Member / Non-member rates are for calendar year 2012. You will have an opportunity to join or renew your membership during the ticket sign-up process. An Individual Membership plus a Membership Level Registration to the event constitutes a $15 savings over the Non-Member Registration.
Details and Logistics:
Sponsorship and Vendor Tables
- If your organization would like to be a sponsor or set up a Vendor Table for this event, please clickhereto learn more or sign up.
- This event qualifies for AIA Learning Units (amount to be formally verified)
- Please fill out form on the day of the event if you would like LU's to be reported to the AIA
Located nearest the Museum:
Front Street Garage
Weekdays: 7 am – 7 pm
$3 first hour, $2 each additional hour, $19 daily maximum
Please refer to the website for the venue for more information:www.thewadsworth.org