invites you to an exclusive:
Richardson Olmsted Campus Behind the Scenes Tour
Thursday May 24, 2018
5:00pm - 9:00pm*
Image courtesy of Christopher Payne-Esto
Please join us for unique tour of the monumental adaptive re-use project of the former Buffalo State Hospital designed by H.H. Richardson and grounds landscaped by Fredrick Law Olmsted, a National Historic Landmark. From the perspective of the lead architecture firm, Flynn Battaglia Architects, and the Richardson Center Corporation docents, the tour will take you through the history of the site, the transformation of the Towers Administration Building and two adjoining wings into a boutique hotel, conferencing center, and the new home of the Lipsey Buffalo Architecture Center as well as a look at adjacent vacant buildings next to be reimagined and developed.
The tour will be led by Courtney Creenan-Chorley, AIA of Flynn Battaglia Architects.
Just confirmed: We've received AIA CEU approval for 2.0 LUs.
Click here to register now!
Details & Logistics
- Members and Non-members are all welcome. Register now as this tour is limited to 25 people (light refreshments following the tour in The Lounge at Hotel Henry is included with tour registration)
- Members rate: $10.00; non-members: $20.00
- Attire: Business casual; hard hats will be provided for vacant buildings. Closed-toed, sturdy shoes and long pants are required.
- Photography is allowed only on the exterior of buildings and within the redeveloped buildings, not the vacant buildings
- Redeveloped buildings are ADA accessible; vacant buildings are stairs only
- All attendees are required to sign a waiver form
- AIA continuing education credits: 2.0 LUs
* Tour is 5:00 to 7:00 and the reception is 7:00 to 9:00
Hotel Henry - corner of Rockwell Road & Cleveland Circle
Buffalo, NY 14213
Tour will start at the Lipsey Buffalo Architecture Center located in the lower level of the Towers Building.
Complimentary parking is located at the hotel's north entrance, accessible via Rockwell Road.
Thank you to our sponsor Vertical Access!